- Infancy creates your basic self upon which the rest of your existence builds.
- Being a child is fun because you are in control of things and people.
- Being an adolescent is satisfying because you know you are recognized by your friends as being grown up and important.
- Being an adult is wonderful because you now have life and liberty and you may pursue your happiness as you choose to do.
- Being a mature person gives you the power to help many people, even people of your community that you may never know personally.
- Being a sage gives one influence upon everything on Earth that comes after.
- Existing as an Ourora gives one access to everything in the Universe.
The term Ourora is based on the celestial aurora seen when energy from far beyond the Earth generates shimmering light high in the sky. The idea implied in the term Ourora is that it is now becoming possible to consider influencing distant things far beyond our Earth, our Solar system, our Milky Way, and on to the furthest reaches of our Universe. It is now possible to create nanometer-size things to designers’ specifications and with the emerging techniques to manufacture nanomaterial similar to gray goo. This stuff wouldn’t be living or capable of sustaining itself on our current Earth because it would be consumed by living things, but if it were placed on a temperate but nonliving planet it could thrive. A speck of properly designed gray goo-like material could be sufficient to generate a preplanned new form of self-organizing structure similar to what we presently call life.
This Ourora-created life would only be capable of inhabiting planets that don’t already have normally living things upon them, and there is no ethical issue with inhabiting a formerly sterile rock. Going to these distant places isn’t impossible for gray goo-like nanomaterial because it is microscopic in size and thus could be accelerated to very high velocities, and being static itself and nonliving there is no limit on travel time. Hundreds of years are beyond even sequential lives for human travelers, but billions of years of deep space travel would be available to specks of gray goo-like material. At near light-speed velocity that might mean everywhere in the Universe. Landing on a foreign planet at high speed would not be impossible because with little inertia the specks wouldn’t burn up when encountering an outer rarefied atmosphere.
Creating Ourora is the ultimate goal for secular beings.